Day 2 in Sydney saw a massive 9 tries to 2 win for our Opens Rugby League side against the highly fancied Penrith Panthers SG Ball team.
This took place in front of a big crowd at Patrician Brothers College Blacktown.
Player of the match in a comprehensive and typically tough team effort was classy fullback Tesi Nui.
The victory capped off a hectic day for the young Makos who spent the morning at Bodyfit Auburn engaged in team building activities and some charity work with Flourish Australia.
This spectacular 1,800 square metres venue had to be seen to be believed, with….
- State-of-the-art cardio, strength and functional training equipment
- Dedicated group exercise rooms
- Personal Training services
- Kids’ Club babysitting service for children ages six months up to 12 years to enjoy activities while their parents work out
- Retail area offering fitness products, accessories, apparel and nutritional supplements
- And much more
Here our boys were given the opportunity to hang out with similar aged kids suffering from some anxiety issues……playing table tennis and basketball.
Everybody involved had incredible fun!
Before leaving, all players and staff were given Bodyfit gym bags stacked with goodies and enjoyed posing for photos with friendly gym staff members.
A morning at Bodyfit was followed by a Goal Setting workshop with Head Coach Joe O’Callaghan at Wentworth Leagues Club, then a special presentation at Patrician Brothers College Blacktown.
Some highlights of the ‘Patties’ senior parade were:
- A special haka presented by members of the ‘Patties’ rugby league excellence program.
- A Q & A with visiting Bulldogs NRL players, including New South Wales Origin star Josh Jackson
- an MTC presentation showcasing the benefits of the MTC program to Patties’ senior students by Marsden’s MTC Leaders
The win over one of the hottest junior sides in NSW indicates our Opens team is poised for a serious assault on the 2018 schoolboy champs.
A big thanks to ‘Patties’ for hosting the Wests Tigers & Panthers games and as well to the big Mako supporter group who made the trip south to cheer the boys on.
A big thanks also to the team at Bodyfit Auburn for their overwhelming generosity and for providing so many unforgettable experiences for our students and staff.
Check out the ‘Coordinator’s Wrap’ HERE.